Monday, May 2, 2011

The Good Guy Wins!?!


As I am sitting here listening to the Today show, I wonder just how many families are feeling justice today, the morning after finding out that one of the worst terrorist was finally found and killed? Osama Bin Laden was responsible for the murders of thousands Americans! He was a sick man.
I will always remember where I was on 911. I just remember having that horrible stomach pain when watching those towers go down and seeing the Pentagon crashed into, and hearing that another plane was headed towards the White House, and then crashed because brave Americans stood up against evil.
I just listened to this family on the Today show talk about their daughter who was in one of the Trade Towers on the horrible day. They said they talked to her right after the first plane crashed into her building. They said that she was scarred and she was hot. I COULD NOT imagine talking to one of my kids and knowing that they would not survive and telling them to stay calm. As a mother, knowing that you could not protect your child, hurts my heart.
10 years later, I still morn for those who were lost. I did not know anyone personally who was killed on that day, but I feel as a human that those people were my brothers and sisters. I wonder how many people repented their sins that day and were won to God? I can't help but wonder.
So as I reflect the events that happened 10 years ago, I want to know if the good guy won? I know that the job is not over and we should never let down our guard. I know that there is plenty of evil in this world and we would be dumb to let our ego get in the way of security. I still think that we have a road ahead of us. Maybe we will never be rid of terrorism in our world, but I guess we just have to pray that our Lord will protect us.

No comments: