Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Fresh New Start...

Well folks, I have decided to start blogging again.  For the past year, I have felt like I have had nothing worth saying...

As a mom and wife I have found it hard to keep what is important in life in check.  This past weekend I had the incredible opportunity to go down to Tyler, TX for a Mom Life Mommy boot-camp with my Best Friend JP.  The trip was worth the drive and the weekend away from my family.  What is incredible was that when I asked Jory if I maybe would be able to go to this, he was so encouraging for me to DO SOMETHING for myself.  (I have an incredible husband that takes care of me) *anyways* This weekend was an eye opener in a lot of ways for me.
  
First off I was told TIME AND TIME AGAIN this weekend that "I AM the mother God intended for my children"  YES!!! YES!!! I am NOT screwing them up??  Well I guess not, God doesn't make mistakes...There are SO many times during the day, the week that I feel unworthy of being my childrens' Mommy.  I feel tired, cranky, mad, angry, did I mention tired?  There have been times I have just wanted to QUIT!  I don't want to make another PB&J, I don't want to pick up another toy, I DON'T want to clean the house, do another load of laundry...There are times I just want to sit on the couch and go Bababababababababababa, like Goldie Hawn in the movie Overboard.  You know what keeps me going?  It is the promise that my kids will be great!  I GET TO RAISE THEM!!!  I get to put my corkyness and my Dyisims in their little lives.  I am NOT screwing them up.  I am raising them to be Godly children!  I am raising them in a LOVED home where I have to learn to let the little things go.  Do more Hugs and kisses.  Less playing on the phone and more playing with chalk and Candyland and dancing to Frozen to the trillionth time in the kitchen.  I learned this weekend that it is the little things that my kids will remember.  

We took a personality test this past weekend as well.  If you know me then you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE personality tests.  They intrigue me.  They gave us this paper that we had to determine which trait best describes us.  There was Pink, Green, Blue and Orange.  I was a green.  Each color represented the personality.  
Pink= Perfect Mommy
Green= Strong Mommy
Orange= Popular Mommy
Blue= Peaceful Mommy  
I will share the link to the personalty test right here
 http://www.susanme.com/themomiam/

This is what it says about me:  Pretty spot on... I guess all in all I have learned to accept who I am and who I am as a mother.  Everything else God has in his hands.




Powerfully Passionate Mom

No comments: